At Bay Smile Dental, we often have teeth whitening specials for new patients. Check our COUPONS page to see the current promotions.
Professional in-office teeth whitening, under the supervision of Dr. Jaspreet Harika, delivers optimum whitening results in a short amount of time.
Chairside whitening removes organic stains or discolorations primarily caused by:
- Aging. Over time, the teeth darken with a yellow, brown, green or grey cast (which may be due to heredity and/or eating habits). Yellowed teeth tend to whiten most readily.
- Consumption of certain foods (notably coffee, red wine, sodas and dark-colored vegetables and fruits).
- Tobacco use.
You may expect the following during your professional in-office teeth whitening appointment, but not limited to:
- Teeth are polished with pumice, a grainy material used to remove any plaque on the surface of the tooth.
- Your mouth will be isolated with gauze to keep your teeth dry during the procedure. Retractors may also be used to keep your cheeks, lips and tongue away from the whitening solution.
- A barrier is placed along your gumline to protect it from the whitening solution.
- The teeth are then coated with the whitening solution on the front surface of the tooth. Many whitening products require a curing light or laser to be used to add heat to the solution to activate the peroxide. It will then be left on the teeth for 30 to 60 minutes, or reapplied in specific increments of time for up to one hour, depending on the brand.
- Once the optimum shade has been reached, or the maximum application time has passed, the teeth are rinsed with water and a fluoride application may be used to help ease the sensitivity some people experience with tooth whitening.
- You will be instructed to avoid foods and beverages that have a high level of pigment, such as coffee, tomato sauce or juice, yellow mustard, or red wine, and tobacco use for 24 hours after the procedure to allow the enamel pores to close to prevent re-staining.
We offer Zoom in-office teeth whitening.
If you are in Fremont, Newark, Union City, Milpitas, Hayward or surrounding areas or you ere planning a special event like wedding, graduation, etc and need to make your teeth look brighter than ever then CONTACT our Newark office at 510.284.2511 to get your in-office professional teeth whitening.